JOIN A CIRCLE
IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS
Here are some of the ideas that have been shared on our Circles pages:
- The Contemplative Cottage offers a collection of ideas for checking in on people and connecting one-one-one or in small groups, including setting up prayer partners, sharing the Daily office via text, sending cards via post
- “Social distancing and social isolation is a great opportunity to reinforce our connectedness when we are not together and to get creative in maintaining community; whilst being scattered. Take the challenge, observe the wise instructions and get creative!”
- Suggestions for alternative ways to pass the peace:
- Learn how to say peace in another language, given we have several in our community it may encourage people to learn from each other.
- Use Auslan, this will help people learn some core Auslan signs.
- Foot tap, this was a bit of fun, ends up with a couple people doing a jig together, but not great for our older members.
- Air high five, add sound effects to increase its usability.
- Hand on chest. See also https://www.pluralguild.com/journal/pass-the-peace-alternative
- Faith, Wellbeing and Covid-19 - a short article by Rev. Dr Judy Redman on five ways to wellbeing.
REFLECTIONS FROM ACROSS THE UCA
Coping with COVID-19: A Reflection by Rev Claire Dawe of Manningham UC, Melbourne.
The first in a series of features that VicTas Synod's magazine Crosslight is running on how congregations and faith communities are adapting to the challenges of COVID-19 restrictions. .
Toilet Paper Blues: A 5-minute reflection and prayer from Rev. Rod Pattenden, Adamstown Uniting Church on toilet paper shortages – “We thank you God that you provide us with what we need.” https://vimeo.com/397871432