We are hiring an additional two Emerging Generations Ministry Program Worker roles as part of the “Pulse” Program. ”Pulse” is a Synod-wide initiative seeking to grow vital Christian communities where emerging generations thrive.
The role has responsibility for delivering key aspects of the church-wide Pulse initiative. This position sits within Uniting Mission and Education, and reports to the Pulse Team Leader. They will work closely with other members of the Pulse team, UME colleagues and Presbytery partners to design and implement events, programs and platforms to engage emerging generations in discipleship and mission. Key to success in this work will be working collaboratively with Presbyteries and Congregations.
In particular, the role will take responsibility for:
- In collaboration with Presbyteries, resourcing effective ministry with emerging generations, focusing on discipleship, growth and leadership development/training
- Facilitating and leading teams that deliver an agreed portfolio of events related to emerging generations, including planning, financial and risk management, and evaluation
- Exercising expertise on religious practice with emerging generations through the development of worship and mission resources for a variety of contexts
- Contributes resources, preaching and leading worship in appropriate contexts in a way that reflects the values of the UCA
- Consultancy with presbyteries, congregations, agencies and schools, including theological reflection, in support of their ministry with emerging generations
- Working collaboratively with Presbyteries to develop mentoring of those involved in ministry with emerging generations
- Fostering and modelling an innovative culture among emerging generations and those working with them
- Working collaboratively across the church, contributing to, sourcing and deploying resources for use by those involved in ministry with emerging generations
- Support the development of new communities of faith
- Support the development of campus ministries (schools, universities, TAFEs etc)
- Development of online environments for discipleship, evangelism and leadership development
- Collecting and articulating insights and learnings relating to effective ministry with emerging generations
- Effective communication with emerging generations and those engaged in ministry with them
We are looking for an experienced and committed professional leader with:
- Demonstrated experience (3+ years) and passion for working with children, families, youth or young adults
- Ability to design and deliver programs, projects and initiatives with clear objectives, sound financial and risk management, and insightful evaluation
- Ability to initiate, refine and implement change
- Demonstrated reflective theological capacity, which includes contemporary reflections on the nature of God’s mission and the church’s place in that mission, particularly with emerging generations, and proven ability to apply this in prophetic ways across the differing contexts of the Church
- Intermediate level skills in computing, communication and social media, and proven ability to apply this in ways that enhance relationship building and networking
- Demonstrated ability in working effectively with diverse cultural, generational, institutional, geographic and other communities
- Demonstrated commitment to personal and professional growth
- Demonstrated team player who actively collaborates, is accommodating and shares resources
- Membership of the Uniting Church in Australia, or willingness to become a member
- Theological training, or willingness to undertake theological training
- NSW Working with Children Clearance
- Entitlement to work in Australia
- Current, full NSW Driving Licence
If this sounds like the sort of opportunity you would be interested in, please click 'Apply Now' to send your resume and cover letter, clearly outlining how your qualifications and experience align with our requirements outlined above.
Applications must be received by 5pm Friday 26 July 2019.
Whilst your interest in our role is appreciated, only applicants who will be considered for interview will be contacted.
Uniting Mission and Education is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you throughout the recruitment process.
Uniting Mission and Education prefers to manage all sourcing directly therefore introductions via agency will not be accepted.