The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent copywriting and editorial skills and the ability to write/produce online content through a range of channels (including web, email, social media) for a range of audiences.
- A strategic approach to communications particularly in relation to websites and social media.
- Competence in web production, administration and graphic design skills.
- Basic competence in photography and video production.
- Ability to commission work from external suppliers (designers, developers, printers, contributors etc.)
- A sound level of understanding of the Australian political system, news and media.
- An understanding of regulatory compliance for publication in respect of copyright, privacy and other areas.
- Highly developed relational skills and the ability to work with organisational complexity.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, manage multiple tasks and prioritise workloads under pressure.
- Competence in Microsoft Office Software, Photoshop and Social Media platforms.
- Ability to work within the culture and values present in mainstream church life and the ethos and social justice framework of the Uniting Church in Australia.
Prior experience in a media or communications environment is desirable but not essential.
Information package for this role is attached below.
Applications close COB Monday 18 August.
The Assembly is the national council of the Uniting Church in Australia with responsibilities in the areas of Doctrine, Worship, Government and Discipline. The Assembly, through its agencies and units, is involved in areas of work including justice, interfaith relations, multicultural and cross-cultural ministry and the development and communication of the mission and ethos of the Uniting Church to its members and the Australian community.