The team is made up of:
- Lindsay Cullen and Rev. Dr Apwee Ting as National Consultants. Rev. Charissa Suli will join the team in this capacity from January 2018.
- Dr Ji Zhang as Assembly Theologian in Residence
- Rebecca Beisler as Communication and Resources Officer
- Anna Catliffe as Executive Administration Assistant
- Rob Floyd as Assembly Associate General Secretary
The team will work in a multi-disciplinary way, drawing on the strengths and experience of team members and wider networks of people across the Assembly groups and beyond to resource the Church. These resources will range from policy through to very practical, hands-on materials that congregations and members of the UCA can use to live out a joyful faith, grow with God and be a voice for justice.
The team will also collaborate closely with the work being done in Synods, Presbyteries, Congregations and Agencies of the church, seeking to build upon the strengths already present.
“I am delighted to be leading such a gifted and experienced team. We will be drawing on the amazing riches we have among our people across the UCA as we share in the important national work of our church,” said Rob.
“Our church has a wonderful diversity of people, culturally, linguistically, theologically and geographically. We look forward to working together in God’s mission with them.”
The ARU has begun work in a number of areas including the Church’s ongoing response to government policy on refugees and asylum seekers and is also updating of the Church’s response to the challenge of climate change.