This week we look at the first foundation of our Vision Statement, A First Peoples' Heart.
In line with the Statement from the Heart, we seek a constitutionally enshrined First Peoples' voice to the Federal Government.
What did First Peoples leaders say in their submission to Parliament?
One of the foundations of that vision is having First Peoples at the very heart of what it means to be Australian.
What are you doing to further reconciliation between First and Second Peoples in your community?
Here are five steps you can take:
- Begin worship with an Acknowledgement of First Peoples.
- Read the Statement from the Heart.
- Research your local Indigenous community – its history, language and culture.
- Host a Day of Mourning Service in the lead up to 26 January.
- Begin a relationship with Congress and or our local Indigenous community.
Do you do these in your congregation or faith community?
Read the whole Vision Statement here.