Here are some of the actions that you and your congregation can take up as a means of practically supporting Palestinian Christians and wider moves for peace in Israel-Palestine:
- Join PIEN – the Palestine Israel Ecumenical Network
- Invite a guest speaker to come and talk to your congregation on this issue
- Link up with EAPPI - Ecumenical Accompaniment Program in Palestine and Israel, ecumenical accompaniers include people from the Uniting Church.
- Visit the Holy Land, following a program that recognises the existence of both Palestinians and Israelis and supports Palestinian tourism operators “Come and See!” http://www.atg.ps/resources/file/pages/Guidelines.pdf
- Encourage theological reflection
- Write to Members of Parliament. The umbrella organisation Australian Palestine Advocacy Network has some good resources
- Host a forum on Israel-Palestine
- Actively support products which you know are from Palestine and provide employment opportunities for Palestinian people, for example, the Palestine Fair Trade Association
- Support NGOs involved in practical responses in Palestine, including Act for Peace, World Vision, Action Aid, Union Aid Abroad and Oxfam
- Learn more
- Pray for peace
God of grace and reconciliation,
pour your power upon all your people in the Holy Land:
Jews, Muslims and Christians,
Palestinians and Israelis.
Let hatred be turned into love, fear to trust, despair to hope,
that conflict, violence and suffering
may be replaced by peace and justice for all. Amen.